Baking Galore

Baking Galore
A taste of some homemade goodies

Friday 1 March 2013

How quickly does time fly?!!!   Another week has passed and I haven't posted my recipes as promised. However I am here now.......

As you may remember we spent the weekend of the 15th Feb up in Inverness visiting our Godchildren, Leighton and Anita as well as Alison and Steven (parents).  It was a wonderful trip and awesome to see them all.  Just before we went up, I made the easiest and most amazing Blueberry Muffins ever!!  I haven't made muffins often because I battle to get the recipe right but this time it worked and I am pleased to say I have made them again and they do come out amazingly... so here goes.....



Ingredients:

110g Butter
250g Plain Flour
250g Caster Sugar
2 Eggs
125ml Milk
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
225g Fresh Blueberries


Method:
  1. Preheat your oven to 180ºC / Gas 4.  Grease and flour a muffin tin or line with paper cases.
  2. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
  3. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  4. Add the eggs and beat well
  5. Add the milk and the flour mixture, beat till fully combined.
  6. Stir in the blueberries.
  7. Fill muffin tin 2/3 full and bake for 25 to 30 minutes (makes 12).

Enjoy.. they are very yummy, so light, airy and melt in your mouth....


Tips  - I decided that I liked the recipe so much I would use it as my base and experiment with various flavours.  I have since made Banana Cinnamon Muffins, replacing the blueberries with 2 ripe bananas (mashed) and 1 teaspoon Cinnamon.  I sieved the cinnamon with the baking powder, flour and salt, continued with the method above and added the bananas last.  Again they were divine....








1 comment:

  1. Oh yummy, in school we had to make muffin mix in a Jar as a DIY Gift type thing and my muffin mix was Apple Cinnamon... I also think a Vanilla Chocolate Chip with Mint Muffin sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete