Baking Galore

Baking Galore
A taste of some homemade goodies

Thursday 1 November 2012

And lastly, the ginger biscuits I made.  Leigh loves ginger biscuits but says I never make them "strong" enough so I came across this recipe and thought I'd give it a bash.  Also I have so much self raising flour that I needed to use, it seemed ideal..... Leigh really likes them so I am pleased...

Ginger Biscuits

125g Butter
250g Demerara Sugar
1 Egg
1 teaspoon Golden Syrup
250g Self Raising flour
1 teaspoon (scant) Ground Ginger
1 teaspoon (scant) Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon (scant) Ground Cloves
1 teaspoon (scant) Ground Mixed Spices
1 teaspoon (scant) Bicarbonate of Soda

Method:
  • Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºF / Gas 5).  Grease two baking trays.
  • Cream butter and sugar together till soft and fluffy.
  • Stir in beaten eff and mix well.  Add golden syrup.
  • Sift the flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda together and add to mixture, combine well.
  • Form small balls and place spaced well apart on the baking trays.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Cool on wire tray before storing in tin / airtight container.


Tips:

I used 3 Tablespoons Ginger as Leigh likes it with a strong ginger flavour so you can increase the amount of ginger you use.......

No comments:

Post a Comment